Thursday, October 1, 2009

The NEW Prisoner


I have a special relationship with the BBC show THE PRISONER. CBC television up here in Canada would show some of the best shows from around the world. Saturday morning we would get 'Space 1999' and Sunday morning would be 'The Prisoner'. I will admit that I didn't always get what was going on in either show but they fascinated me enough to want to pay attention and ask lots of questions. Both are responsible in alot of ways for my life long love affair with television. I think I needed to see shows that didn't always explain everything to me in the way that shows from our own country and the USA always did. Even without the accents those British programs just SEEMED for smarter people. This November we get the new miniseries based on the classic show starring Jim Caviezel and Sir Ian McKellen. Six episodes will be shown. over three consecutive nights. I think I will get them and watch them all at once like I did with 'Torchwood - Children of the Earth'. The trailer looks like a good old fashion mind-fuck and I love shows that let me try to figure out what is going on. I like to think that I would be one of the ones who resist but I probably would cave the second they revoked my snack privileges. I am also very happy to see they kept 'Rover' the white ball that captures you when you try to escape 'the village'.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I watched a few episodes of the old Prisoner series a few months back and some of them were good but on the whole, it didn't hold up too well. But still it was fascinating to watch, mostly for the clothes and acting styles.

Wings1295 said...

Never saw the old Prisoner. Might look into it before the new show airs. Interesting...

Bubbashelby said...

The original Prisoner is one of the best things my TV has ever shown me.

I will seek this out when it arrives.