Thursday, October 8, 2009

Tell Her She Is Beautiful Regardless


Ben over at 'Dragon Dancing With The Budha' always posts things that make me think and tonight I had to re-post my own comment I made over his latest entry. I am not someone who is 'ga ga' over Kim Kardashian but I do think she is a beautiful woman. Her exotic nature is only part of her appeal. She is a 'real' woman with big ass butt and curves that I appreciate. I think most men, if they were honest, prefer a woman with a hour class figure (like Christina Hendricks) rather than a coatrack figure (like most of Hollywood and the fashion industry).


Apparently the people at FHM felt the need to do some photoshopping on Kim to make her more acceptable to their readers. That makes me sick. Her body is fine the way it is. Its more than fine the way it is.


I wish instead of drinking the celebrity Kool-Aid,that Kim would come out about how proud she is of her body and the great curves that her genetics gave her. By photoshopping them out you continue the beauty myth that is harming so many of our girls. If we really loved them like we claim to we would celebrate them more and compare them less.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

I'll have a side of both please.

Artman2112 said...

check the last piece of my artwork i posted on my blog and you'll see i'm with you on this! Kim is indeed lovely... not sure exactly WHY she's famous and all, but she's an hourglass in a sea of stick figures and i like it ;)

The League said...

LA has a very weird idea of body types/ images. You see it in what is consider "fat" on television and in movies all the time.

I spoke with a friend who works in the entertainment industry, and apparently, at the time they didn't know what to do with the fact that people seem to find Christina Hendricks attractive. The friend was privvy to conversations in which the high powered Hollywood execs were trying to decide if this was a trend, and how they could capitalize on the fact that dudes like all kinds of figures on women.

It was sad/ hilarious.

While I find Kardashian annoying, I'm not going to ever say she isn't attractive.

And I will satnd up and salute Hendricks any day. Viva La Joan Holloway!

Surge said...

Kim IS hot, but I appreciate a lot of different types of bodies.. variety is key. It's what makes people stick out, its what catches people's attention. Individuality? Yes please.

I personally don't like really huge titties though.

Hannah said...

I think different men like different things, but our society puts unrealistic expectations on women. Like right now, women are expected to be fairly thin, but with huge tits and a shapely butt and that is just not realistic for many women!

Thin or thick, as long as their healthy, all women are beautiful!

Mad Men Girl said...

Hey!

I've entered a contest to win a walk-on role on that retro-licious TV show, "Mad Men".

If you wouldn't mind taking a couple of seconds to vote for me, go to my blog, or copy and paste the following link which goes right to my picture:

http://madmencastingcall.amctv.com/browse/detail/EZ3MBH

Thanks a bunch!