Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Where The Wild Things Are?



I have a rule...no, scratch that. I have a LAW when it comes to movie advertising. The further away from the actual release date that a movie spot appears on TV, the worse the movie is. Its about a week and a half before 'Where The Wild Things Are' is released and I feel like I have been watching spots for more than a month. That is not a good sign. Especially when this is such a beloved book from my childhood. I SOOOO want it to be good but I am very afraid that it will stink. I have been digging on the great costumes of the monsters since there seemed to be no way (aside from crappy CGI) that the filmmakers could achieve the effect of the book. I even want to get myself a pair of jammies like the ones pictured above. Why does a girl in those seem sexier than one in regular slutty lingerie?


Please don't let me down. We all know that next they are gonna make 'Harold and the Purple Crayon' and that one IS my favorite childhood book. Mess THAT one up and I will have to take a little trip to Hollywood and it won't be pleasant for anybody.

1 comment:

Wings1295 said...

I know they have to make changes to make it work as a feature film. Just hope they keep the spirit and class of the original.