Thursday, December 2, 2010

Again...AGAIN!


This is how we made multi-colored Lego laser rifles as a kid. Square and rectangle power sources and design work.

That's when a person needed an IMAGINATION, bitches and that comment about imagination comes directly, as usual, from the 'Well of my Bitterness' - the unbelievably deep whole in the world that contains all the things I resent about the world - Lego and cephalopods and margarine included.

Oh and you should know that just because they weren't fancy, these Lego creations took down any monsters entering my room. Function over form as usual.

7 comments:

ISRAEL CARRASCO said...

kids ane creativity who would have thought?

Super-Duper ToyBox said...

Word!

Sarah said...

My BFF and I could amuse ourselves with anything, make anything into a game or a toy, and we were NEVER bored.

The majority of kids nowadays can't seem to amuse themselves without something requiring batteries or an electrical outlet.

It's a sad, sad state of affairs.

Hart Johnson said...

Yeah, I took down a lot of bad guys with my big 1977 style comb when I was one of Charlie's Angels. We really DID need more imagination, didn't we? And it was more satisfying to get something RIGHt because it was a lot harder to do--damn biolicles with their play by play instructions...

Laura said...

Hart!!! I used to play Charlie's Angels too!!! I ALWAYS got stuck being Sabrina. Hated that....

My kids just made the "regular" stuff with Lego too. I don't know... I think that the other stuff is SO complex and when I read that some of the kits are geared to Massimo's age group I just say.. "oh hell no".. because even me as a 40(ish) woman can't figure them out!

Sooooooo... what did you think of Fringe??? I was SO glad to have OUR Olivia back. I felt badly for Alt-Broyles though. Quite the shitty end for him, non? But at least I won't feel as badly when the Alt-Universe collapses. Muwhahahahahah!!!
Peter & Alt-Olivia had better not have lingering feelings for each other or I'm gonna be mad!

((Hugs))
Laura

Pat Tillett said...

We did the same damn thing! I remember that if we made them too long, they'd fall apart!

Kal said...

But you tested theory all the time Pat. How long a bridge you could built and how many hot wheel cards could you support.