Sunday, December 5, 2010

This Time It's Easy For Me To Take Sides


Yeh, that hair is real. I think I will take the 'Twitty is Shitty' and the 'Twitty is straight up gay' t-shirts if you please. Just look at that face. That cracker thinks he is better than you are. What are you gonna do about it? Huh? What?

Two neighbors got into a fight Thursday night over the sexual orientation of a country singer.

Joe Capes and Ronald Richards were hanging out in Richards' trailer when they began arguing about the sexual orientation of country music singer Conway Twitty.

Twitty died in 1993.

The Pinellas County Sheriff's Office said the two got into a shoving match, eventually ending when Capes punched Richards in the face, breaking his glasses, and causing his eye to bleed.

Capes was arrested and released on Friday from the Pinellas County Jail on his own recognizance.

14 comments:

sambo said...

This Post Is Why
You, Sir Have The Most Entertaining
Must Read Everyday Blog

MY SIDE
HATE That Bastard
And I Hope Everyone
Who Gives A Shit About Him
Beats The Hell Out Of Each Other
Who WINS?
Me
One Less Idiot In The World
-Sam

M. D. Jackson said...

I'm thinking that maybe those guys have issues that run a little deeper than Conway Twitty.

Tempo said...

I got no idea who this bloke is...lucky me eh?
As for Conway..who cares. He is/was who he was and it does not matter if he was or was not gay..

Hart Johnson said...

Admittedly, everyone looked gay in the 80s. But that superiority smirk? I wanna smack him. I'm voting Twitty is Shitty.

Laura said...

Twitty is Shitty.
But gay?
Don't you remember that "Lord he loved that lady wearing... tight fittin jeans"????
:P

((Hugs))
Laura

Lemmy Caution said...

Twitty was more man than all of you put together. Viva Twitty City!

Budd said...

I used to live, not two miles from Twitty City. Viva la Hendersonville, TN. Twitty and Cash, can't go wrong there.

Kal said...

Oh you Conway lovers or visitors to Twitty City (his amusement part) - I love you but don't you see how you are part of the problem and not part of the solution?

Lemmy Caution said...

Twitty IS the solution.

Kal said...

Lemmy, I rarely ever hear from you and now I get two messages to support Conway Twitty? I don't get it.

Lemmy Caution said...

LOL. Hey, right along side my prized DVD box set collections you will find a four CD box set of the best of Conway. I'm a fan. Dude was badass.

Kal said...

I too was raised on old country so compared to Jim Reeves, Marty Robbins, Buck Owens, Charlie Pride and Hank William, Conway was a poser and a goober and a dofus. But everyone is free to like who they like, I just save my scorn for him. Twitty City? Good Lawd!

csmith2884 said...

I was on the fence but Lemmy pushed me over to straight. The man knows his music.

Lemmy Caution said...

Kal, you are thinking of mid to late 80's schmaltzy Twitty. The era of "Tight Fittin' Jeans" and "The Rose". Meh.

Early era Twitty stands up right alongside those damn fine musicians you mentioned. Check out "Next In Line" or "Fifteen Years Ago" or possibly his finest "How Much More Can She Stand".

That's gold Jerry.