Sunday, December 12, 2010

What Are You Really Afraid Of?


Underwater we know my fears very well. I think I have fully documented my feelings on the subject.

But on land, is there anything that Calvin fears? Yes, sadly there is. On land, I fear collections of masks. Especially if they are placed all over some large house with poor heating and ventilation.

There was an episode of the Twilight Zone where a rich man told his greedy heirs to wear ugly masks while he was dying or they would not get their inheritance. The masks were true representations of the ugliest these people had inside of them. At the end of course when they removed their masks their faces has remained identical to the mask they were told to wear. That freaked me out and stays with me to this day.







6 comments:

M. D. Jackson said...

A great episode. One of my favourites. Written by Rod Serling "The Masks" was directed by actress Ida Lupino, who had starred in the first-season episode "The Sixteen-Millimeter Shrine." She was the only person in the history of the original Twilight Zone to have acted in one episode and directed another. She was also the only woman to direct a Twilight Zone episode.

Kal said...

That is several times this week when I used a Twilight Zone to pad my post and you came back very quick with additional information. You must know your 'Zone' really well.

Dr. Monkey Von Monkerstein said...

One of my favorite episodes.

DrGoat said...

One of the many great episodes of Twilight Zones. At the risk of revealing what an old fart I am, I saw most of the episodes on their first run back in the 60's. Burgess Meredith starred in one I remember where he plays the devil. Twilight Zone, Outer Limits and Rocky and Bullwinkle made me what I am today. Not to mention One Step Beyond, Kukla Fran and Ollie, Fireball XL-5 and Have Gun Will Travel.

Kal said...

All good shows Dr. Monkey though those Kukla puppets freaked me out. I love those Fireball like shows like Captain Scarlet, Thunderbirds ects. Garry Anderson was a god to me as kid.

Pat Tillett said...

I loved that episode!
I also hate masks...