Sunday, April 28, 2013

Someone Having A Worse Sunday Than Me

My current sudden pain and illness has gotten to the point this morning where I am thinking I was bit by some poisonous spider while cleaning and dusting the basement last week. At least that was part of the nightmare I had last night. You know you are never more than six feet from a spider anytime in your entire life so some Brown Recluse would be the type to find me. Tomorrow I will be sure that I have the Hantavirus.



This spider is a native of the United States. A seemingly innocuous spider, yet its bite can wreak all kinds of havoc on humans. Brown Recluse spiders like to hide away in dark places, such as boxes, under furniture and around books. Symptoms of having been bit by this spider include redness and swelling around the bite, as well as nausea, fever, vomiting and shivering.   

Now just when I am thinking I am having the worst day, I am reminded that being a prostitute in Zimbabwe is actually a worse gig than being a loner in the Tundra.


A prostitute in Zimbabwe 'died' during a hotel romp with a client - only to come back to life as her body was being put in a coffin.The vice girl reportedly collapsed during a sex session last week at the Manor Hotel in Bulaweyo. Convinced she was dead, her shocked client called the police - who sent paramedics to collect the body. But as they were loading the 'corpse' into a metal coffin, the hooker suddenly woke up screaming. Local news reports claim she leaped from the casket, yelling: "You want to kill me, you want to kill me".

6 comments:

M. D. Jackson said...

You could be a prostitute in Zimbabwe if you put your mind to it. You'd probably rock at it. What other prostitute in Zimbabwe would have Wednesdays with Wonder Woman?

Kal said...

Probably all of them on the street/stroll I choose to work.

GC said...

We have brown recluse in Texas. I rarely do kill bugs; however, when I do come across a recluse or widow they are quickly killed. Ugly things.

DrGoat said...

We have so many scorpions and spiders here in the desert, it's best to make friends with most of them. I've almost gotten to the point of preferring snakes and bugs to human neighbors. At least you know what to expect from the critters.

Kal said...

Can you imagine if humans had stingers. They would be using them all the time.

DrGoat said...

I think that's why guns are so popular. They substitute for stingers.