Wednesday, April 24, 2013

In Defence Of Spam

My dad loved SPAM. Nothing better that frying some up in the morning with eggs according to him and it always did taste FANTASTIC when you got up for eggs and spam for breakfast while camping. I think his love came from all the military ready-to-eat meals he ate as a soldier in training. Spam was a cheap staple to add to the meal packs.

If he had seen this ad it would have hung on our fridge for those days when he was making dinner for me and my sister since my Mom often worked shiftwork. The man was a chef with whatever kind of meat Spam was. I loved what he called his 'Chuckwagon' dinner. We never knew what was in it but it was hot, it was brown, and there was plenty of it. Plus with ketchup it tasted better than Hamburger Helper.



6 comments:

david_b said...

Ah SPAM LOVERS UNITE..!!!

Love it in the mornin'...

Good Call, sir.

Anonymous said...

Crap, I almost did pee'd myself watching that. Spam eggs and spam for me please.

Kal said...

Why not get some extra spam on the side with that. Seem a little light on the spam.

Anonymous said...

Spam on the side with extra spam sauce. With more spam.

Debra She Who Seeks said...

We were brought up on Klik, not Spam. You had to open the tin with a little tin key that would break half way through the job, the sonovabitch. Fried Klik sandwiches were the best. No wonder my arteries are hard and clogged today.

DrGoat said...

They have Spam at the McDonald's on Maui. Nothing like Spam with bacon in the morning to get your heart started.