Friday, April 19, 2013

A-Z Challenge - 'R' Stands For Rings - Superhero Rings In My Collection

 
 


 
This 'flicker rings' were very popular in the 1950s and 60s. Most were lost or destroyed over the decades so most that still exist in decent shape fetch a decent price today.
 
 
I remember when the first Lord of the Ring movie came out that you could get a terrific replica of the 'One Ring' for next to nothing. I still have mine hanging on my car's rear view mirror for good luck.
 
 
 
I gave the Superman Silver ring I had to my neice because she wanted something from my father. I still have the following set of rings in my collection. The first two come from The Phantom movie, then Batman and two of my many Green Lantern power ring. I would love to add to my collection but I only search for quality rings. made of metal.

 
My newest and finest ring is of course the Shadow Ring from the 1999 movie.
 
 
I can never have too many Batman rings in my collection.
 
 
 
 
 
The Green Lantern Rings nowcome in a variety of colors
 to represent all the various 'color' powers.
 
 
 
 
The rarest, most expensive ring is this 24 carat gold representative of the flight rings wore by the Legion of Superheroes. It was a gift to me but I know it sells on line for hundreds of dollars. Unfortunately it doesn't give me the ability to fly like the comic book version does.
 
 
 
I wish this Flash ring opened up to contain his superhero suit that would burst forward whenever Barry Allen needed to become his speedy alter-ego.
 
 
 

9 comments:

Dr. Theda said...

I always wanted a "Barnabas Collins" ring since I was a small Child... Great collection that you have there good Sir Kal... thanks for sharing ( some of these I did not even knew existed)

Jordan said...

That's right...he kept his costume in his ring! I forgot about that.

Superheroes really do crazy stuff with their costumes. I'm reasonably sure that, if I worked with a man who was wearing a full superman outfit under his business suit, I would pretty much instantly see it. (the cape? The boots inside his socks and shoes? Come on.)

Kal said...

The Rock did the exact same skit on SNL one year. He would show up at work with his cape sticking out and he was fooling no one at work though of course they would never tell him that.

Jordan said...

That's right! I forgot about that.

Unknown said...

What a great collection of Rings Kal my favorites are the Phantom and Shadow ones but that Legion "Non-Flight" ring is pretty cool too.

Timothy S. Brannan said...

That is awesome!

Kal said...

I have to find a nice glass case to keep all these rings in.

Dr. Theda said...

The Craftsman at "October Boy" could probably make you a really Cool display case... Ask him...

Nightwing2323 said...

Do you have or can you get the information on who crafted your 24K Legion Flight ring? I want to have one made for my collection. Thanks in advance.