Saturday, May 2, 2009

Cook Me Up Some Australus




What is Australus you ask? Well it is Kangaroo meat for consumption. Whats next Koala kabobs? My sister married an Australian guy and they live on the Gold Coast with my neice and nephew (Taylor and the Little Prince)so this has a family connection. I just have nightmares about their Roo sandwiches. This just sounds bad to me. Its like Canadians eating Beaver (heh heh...see what I did there?)I think once the national animal and symbol for your nation becomes part of the menu you have jumped the shark as a country (though I hear bald eagles taste like chicken...go figure). I understand they are a menace in certain areas and have been eaten for thousands of years but eating cute animals goes against my better nature. There are reasons that cow, pigs and chickens are ugly. I have just gotten over the fact that buffalo meat hamburgers start out huge but shrink down about 50% by the time they finish cooking. Where does the other half go? They say sales of Kangaroo meat is up 30% and is suppose to be better for you. Check out the full article here - http://www.time.com/time/magazine/article/0,9171,1894792,00.html

How can you eat this face?

No comments: