Wednesday, May 13, 2009

ITS FINALLY HERE!


I have been looking forward to this comic for months now. Everyone knows of my love for the Thunderfrog and this concept is one of the fresher ones to come out in a long time. I hope that it lives up to my anticipation. I seem to crave something new and unique as I grow older. The same old stuff just doesn't do it for me anymore. Things like 'Battle for the Cowl' just seem like another 'World Without Batman' story and that topic has been done to death. Sometimes I wish I could go back to the days when any story a superhero comic told was enough for me. Those great hours spent in my big leather chair...wearing my coveralls with my milk and cookies beside me on the table. I need more than that these days and luckily there is lots of new creative talents out there to satisfy my comic jones. OMG...Its DEVIL DINOSAUR!!!! Doesn't get anymore badass than that.



Even an old character can get some new life with a great writer. No comic can make that claim these days more than Ghost Rider. Jason Aaron has done great things with this title. Creating various incarnations of the Spirit of Vengeance from various eras and religious traditions is a neat trick to pull off and he really does it well. The gorgeous Ghost Rider cover by Arthur Suydam (the guy behind the fantastic Marvel Zombies covers) shows that he is more than a one-trick pony.


1 comment:

Wings1295 said...

I hear ya. I haven't bought a new comic in over a year. I just lost interest in the whole shebang, and DC has done nothing to renew my faith in it all. Zombie Aquaman? Really? Ugh.