Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Looking Forward To This



I always liked the character of Solomon Kane created by Conan scribe Robert E. Howard. His puritan monster killer with a grouchy attitude was always a favorite of mine. I think I just liked any story set during a time when you could carry around a sword and a flintlock pistol. Kane's adventures took place in mysterious worlds full of evil needing to be purified by Kane's particular form of justice. This was a man on a serious mission from God but also a character who had serious issues WITH God. Could be one of the reasons he lived through so many dangerous situations like Conan did. No way does God or Crom want to have to answer to any of those guys after their deaths. Don't be put off that the poster looks like an ad for Van Helsing II. I assume that they stole much of Solomon Kane's mojo while creating the led character played by Hugh Jackman in that craptastic monster fest. The old Marvel black and white magazines of Solomon Kane's adventures are great and sit mixed with my Conan magazines right beside my bed right now. So here is hoping for something fantastic from this no brainer franchise.


3 comments:

Wings1295 said...

Never heard of this character before! Huh...

Cal's Canadian Cave of Coolness said...

Well that is why you come to my blog...to get your ass educated.

Reis O'Brien said...

Ahhhhhh yes! Solomon Kane! My third favorite Howard character, next to Conan and Kull, of course. I really hope this movie doesn't suck!

The new Kane comic book is bad ass!