Friday, June 12, 2009

Bonded Tunes

These are two great songs from the Bond movies. The first is from the fantastic Shirley Manson and Garbage ('The World is Not Enough') and I love how they tell a great little cold war robot story in four minutes. I included the Jack White/Alicia Keyes theme from Quantum of Solace ('Another Way to Die') to illustrate a great use of the Bond notes and how powerfully they were integrated into what to me is one of the top five theme songs in the series. It has some serious funk going on. Daniel Craig is my new favorite 007. Sorry Sean - brother earned it.



3 comments:

Sabrina said...

of all the Bond flicks, those two are probably my favourites, along with Shirley Bassey's

Cal's Canadian Cave of Coolness said...

Well Shirley is the gold standard. I love her 'history repeating' with the Propellerheads.

Sabrina said...

Yes, that is a great song.

I miss her. :(