Monday, September 13, 2010

Mascot Mayhem


Seeing mascots battle always amuses me. If you notice it is always the freaking ones in the bee costumes that start everything. They just enjoy a good swarm.

One of the funniest things I ever saw was on a short lived TV show about a minor league baseball team. They had a terminally angry 'Mr Met' like baseball shaped mascot who hated everyone and everything. You never heard him speak or see him out of costume. One episode, they fired him and hired some guy in a revolutionary war outfit who danced like a fairy and played a flute on top of the dugout. He also wiggled his ass at the fans. Very funny.

Then at the end of the episode with the fans and team really really hating the new mascot the old guy in the baseball costume came back from center field with a bat in his hand. Walking across the field and right up to the dancing fairy with the flute he stood there while this new mascot danced around him...then...WACK!...ONE BASH IN THE HEAD WITH THE BAT and the fairy revolutionary guy just dropped to the ground like a sack of wet cement to the cheers of the fans. I may be remembering it wrong but in my mind it's the second funniest thing I have seen in my life.

(If you are a long time visitor to the cave of cool you will remember the story of the girl in the flea costume from the -40 degree Celsius flea market story I have told before. That was both the funniest and the saddest thing I have ever seen in the same day.)

2 comments:

D.I. Felipe González said...

Mascot fight!
Cool!

Kal said...

Always cool. Now give them all sombreroes and it's twice as cool.