Friday, April 5, 2013

Cool Flashmob Recreates My Favorite Painting In Dutch Mall



 
I have been as close as my screen to 'The Night Watch' by Rembrandt. I saw it on our first trip to Holland as a kid and I still have the little reproduction I begged my mother to buy me from the museum's gift shop. I think I love it so much because the person who gave us the museum tour was really enthusiastic about the story and character in the painting and how Rembrandt mastered light and shadows. Then I learned it was rare to see this painting because some nut had slashed it and it had only recently been restored when I first saw it. It's characters are life sized so you really are immersed in the painting when you see it.
 
 
 

2 comments:

M. D. Jackson said...

One of my favorites as well. The story behind the painting is almost as fascinating as the painting itself, but what has always fascinated me was the little girl who practically glows...

Kal said...

She has a connection to the yellow guy in the front. It's the reason she is carrying a chicken.