Monday, May 4, 2009

The End of Life


Not mine but the tv series. All I can say about the show was said today on Ben's site, 'The Dragon Dancing With the Buddha' so check out his take on the show here -(http://varkentine.blogspot.com/2009/05/it-was-never-actually-on-air-just-more.html)

I never do this but I copied my own comment about his post and I think it sums up my take on the show pretty well too. Thank the gods for insuring that for every program like LIFE and THE WIRE we lose, a show like BURN NOTICE comes around.

I totally agree with you. I came late to the series but that allowed me to watch many episodes from the start in progression without the week delays between episodes. I did the same thing with the wire and it was a much richer experience seen from the whole as opposed to the individual parts. The ending was one of the most satifying viewing experiences I have seen in a long time. For all of Charlie's talk about Zen his solution to his most pressing problem was a simple exercise in living fully in the moment for all of the ten seconds it took to set him free. Brilliant and pitch perfect. I will miss this show too but have faith that in a world that didn't have LIFE at one time will create something else for me to love by those who actually care about feeding our souls something more than the pap that is, say, an AMERICAN IDOL.

2 comments:

Wings1295 said...

I was pissed when I read that LIFE was canceled. But after that AWESOME final episode, it is sort of okay, in a 'what-else-can-we-do" sort of way.

Will be missed, but hopefully Damian Lewis and Sarah Shahi will be back in something else soon.

Wish NBC would just piss or get off the pot where CHUCK is concerned. Why are they being so wishy-washy? Has to be for the publicity.

Ben Varkentine said...

Thanks fer th'nod.