Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Goodnight Funny Man


Dom Deluise died today at age 75. Some of you might not remember him but there was a time in the late 1970s and early 80s where he made some of the funniest movies a young Calvin had ever seen. The combination of him and Burt Reynolds in the Cannonball Run series never failed to make me laugh so hard that I regularly peed my pants. The idea of putting the bloopers at the end of their films was pure genius. You can see how totally sweet and genuine a guy he was. His high pitched infectious laugh could never be faked or duplicated. I also appreciate that he never felt the need to work 'blue' and I hope that over the next couple of days he gets the tribute he deserves for the truly great work he did to entertain all of us. After all, he WAS Captain Chaos.

1 comment:

Wings1295 said...

He was very funny. I think his odd doc in Smokey & the Bandit 2 was one of the good things about that movie.