Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Machete


I gots me some mad love for Danny Trejo. No good action/adventure/horror movie set south of the border is complete without his participation. GRINDHOUSE showed us the first trailer for a role he was born to play - Machete. Its one of the next movies on Robert Rodriguez's slate. Only Rodriguez could create it and only Danny can head up this winner of a franchise idea. Spanish kids need a new superhero to look up to and the eventual Machete/Zorro team-up would be epic. Add Cheech and maybe a little Selma (a man can dream can't he) and we gots us a winner here. VIVA MACHETE!

"I took a vow of peace. And now you want me to help you kill these men?" "Yes Bro...I mean Padre." - GOLD!

3 comments:

Wings1295 said...

Been awhile since I watched the whole Grindhous thing, with the "faux" trailers and all. Maybe it's to do just that.

Booksteve said...

That Machete trailer was better than either of the GRINDHOUSE features! Did you know Danny's also a popular motivational speaker? Go Danny!

Cal's Canadian Cave of Coolness said...

Danny is the shit, bitches. And I can see him really getting to the kids that need to hear his message the most. Those tattoos of his are not representative of an easy youth spent on the right side of the law.