Thursday, June 4, 2009

Goodbye David Carradine

I hated to hear today that David Carradine has died. I always loved his stuff and he brought a goofy kind of charm to every B to Z movie he was in. One of the best memories I have of my father is watching the show "Kung Fu, the Legend Continues' with Carradine as the grandson of the original character he played in 'Kung Fu', Kwai Chang Caine. We would laugh everytime because Carradine played him totally straight and started each program with the phrase, "I am Cain, I can help you." Nothing was better than seeing Carradine's slow kung fu defeat a whole team of machine gun weilding thugs. I mocked it everytime but my father and I never missed an episode. Ah the bonding of a father and his son. Carradine was a man who lived life on his terms and leaves behind a legacy not soon to be forgotten. His role in Kill Bill is iconic especially when he tells the story about how Clark Kent/Superman really viewed humanity. Another speech I have committed to memory.





1 comment:

Wings1295 said...

He was one-of-a-kind, that's for sure. My mother was a big fan of his from the original "Kung Fu". And I am still wondering what to make of his role in the very bizarre "Sonny Boy". Whoooo boy.