Monday, June 1, 2009

Goodbye Kiddo


I recently lost a good friend. I could sit here and whine about her and how infuriating and difficult at times that she could be but I feel good about the kind of a friend that I was to her. Things didn't work out and maybe that is for the best but I refuse to believe that I was a bad person and I am proud of the support and love I tried everyday to give to her. I try to treat everyone I meet with that same kind of respect but at the same time people have their own journey to make and sometimes what I have to offer does not make that journey easier for them. I know exactly who and what I am and how much of an 'acquired' taste I can be. No regrets or bitterness however. Like my father once told me - "If you hate her then that is all you will have left of her." I choose to remember the friend I loved and how great it was to have her in my life for the short time that I did.

3 comments:

Wings1295 said...

Wow. Sad, but also uplifting, in a way.

Sorry you lost a friend, but glad you didn't lose yourself.

Take care, and again, Happy B-Day!

Nicole said...

I understand how you feel - I had that once happen to me, over a silly misunderstanding. Things like this only make you understand who your true friends really are, and I have discovered who my true friends really are. Thanks for the post, and have a nice night.

Michael May said...

Wow, I'm sorry, brother. It sucks to lose friends, but good for you for having that attitude about it. You're a wise man.