Thursday, March 17, 2011

Fire Inc. - Streets of Fire


"Say a prayer in the darkness for the magic to come..."



This is pure 80s for me. I have posted these songs before from my all time favorite Rock n' Roll fable. Diane Lane as Ellen Aim, Michael Pare as Cody, her only love and protector- Willem DaFoe as their evil nemesis. Magical. These two songs would be so awesome redone on a show like 'Glee'. They are soaring and operatic.

If anyone does screen captures out there I would love to have some frames of between 1:58 to 2:03. from 'Tonight Is What It Means To Be Young'. I think you will see instantly the shot I would love to have. It's so meaningful and iconic to me. I am such good memories of the time this movie came out, where I was in my life and what I was doing. Everything seemed possible at that moment.





7 comments:

Jeremy [Retro] said...

this fable film is one of those reasons i make art... i am tom cody glad to meet cha! it had a great rebel, rejects, reaction... you could be anyone in this town. oh and diane lane... super hot, and still super hot.

jeremy

DrGoat said...

William Defoe vs Rick Moranis!
Unbelievably awesome.

D.I. Felipe González said...

Tonight is what it means to be young!
It's one of my favorite cheesy movies of all time!

Kal said...

Oh it's so cheesy and goofy and Willem Dafoe looks goofiest in his fisherman hip waders but it all works for me because everyone plays it seriously. It would make a fantastic broadway musical because there are only a few set pieces you would need. Plus those opening and closing songs are gold.

Pat Tillett said...

I can't see Michael Pare's name and not think about Eddie and the Cruisers...

Kal said...

Another fantastic movie. I remembering just sitting there after that final shot until the theatre had cleared. So satisfying an ending and a great soundtrack.

Ben Varkentine said...

What? No "I Can Dream About You?"