Monday, March 14, 2011

Monday's Manic Musings


What the hell is it with cat's and chewing through headphone cords? The Admiral has now ruined TWO pairs of fine Sony headphones by chewing through the cords. I am going to try to get one pair that i just bought exchanged because they don't looked chewed through just broken. Maybe I can convince the girl who sold them to me that they came that way.

It's not like I don't give him enough attention or anything like that. He just finds the smell and taste of high quality audio wire irresistible I guess. GRRRRR. He is avoiding me this morning because he knows I am mad at him.

Today I go back to dentist to have something else worked on. I am not sure what but the prep work he did for a molar implant last week did not take well. I was in pain all week - no more so than the last couple of days. With Tylenol not working to give me relief at all he thought it best to just wait until Monday to see to my discomfort. Thanks PAL!

He will have something else to fix today as I broke off part of ANOTHER tooth chewing on a pork chop bone last night. Don't laugh. I know the image of me gnawing on it like some bulldog is funny to some of you, it really isn't. I had to sleep (or try to) with cotton wedged between my tooth and tongue so that my tongue didn't get shredded by the now sharp point on another molar. I swallowed half a ball of cotton balls. I tells ya, I am falling apart people. I am truly not the man I used to be.

I also had many weird dreams last night. None so weird as the one where I thought I was late for work and I was stressing because I also had to leave early for a 2 o'clock dentist appointment and I had to find someone to watch my class for the last period of the day. That meant all kind of extra planning because you know the vice-principal was going to do NOTHING but sit there and babysit them. You think he could get off his ass and actually CONNECT with the kids for a half second. YOU SEE???? When you stress yourself out that much in a frickin' dream that has no basis in reality (I have no classes that need covering as I do not need to work), it's best to just get up and watch an episode of the 'Real Housewives'.

6 comments:

M. D. Jackson said...

I've been living with a broken tooth for almost a year now. The discomfort of a jagged tooth is preferable to submitting to one of those syringe wielding, masked devils!

Belle said...

There is not much that is worse than a toothache. I am so sorry.
As for the cords, maybe you could cover them in tape or something the cat wouldn't like.

DrGoat said...

Cal, with you on the pain. Tell him you need something stronger than Tylenol. Broken teeth are no picnic either. Dealt with a few of those.
We tried smearing the cords with Vicks Vapor-rub. That seemed to cure Boris from chewing on the cords.

TS Hendrik said...

Maybe the admiral is just upset that you haven't gotten him his own pair of headphones.

Kal said...

Maybe you are on to something there TS. He did get his own bed once he scratched the corner off of mine.

btw, Sony gave me a new set of headphones but I am sure I could here the girl in the back meow when the guy at the counter went to get the exchange approved.

Debra She Who Seeks said...

I hope everything went well at the dentist today!