Friday, March 4, 2011

My People Are The Best


I talk back and forth a lot with Peter B who goes by the moniker, Dr. Goat. He is a long time follower and despite the fact that he is older than me, he is right up there with the same understanding of pop cultural events that I hold dear to my heart.

Today I recieved a package from him. In the spirit of Belle who just sent me a box of old Superman comics, I opened the box from Dr. Goat to find a virtual treasure chest of things that mean alot to me. I took pictures of everything but I need to buy a new car reader before I am share them all with you. Here is the short list

*1 box Jack Kirby Trading Cards
*1 box Babylon Five Trading Cards
*1 box Marvel Trading Cards
*1 box Mars Attacks Trading Cards (WOW)
*1 box best of Science Fiction Pulp Covers (Double WOW)
*12 Inch Best of the West Rowdy Yates (Clint Eastwood) Figure with cloth clothing
*various comic books and pulp ficture magazine
*McDonald Toys relevant to my interests (like the Bat Signal!!!!)
*1959 Disneyland Moonliner Pin
*The Tick - Lip Balm
*Metal movie figures from The Terminator

When I started this blog I hoped to connect with a few kindred spirits who shared my love for pop culture but I found so much more - great individuals who validate my vision at the 'Cave of Cool' everyday. Their love and support encourage me to 'pay forward' whenever I have the opportunity to do so.


So thank you Dr. Goat. You are one of the good ones. Your package is in the mail and enjoy your spot on the board of directors of Cave of Cool Inc.

Belle - I need your address also. I have something special to send to you for your generous gift also. Send it to me at (heightonc@yahoo.com)

Oh and forgive the beard. I just got up from a nap. I can't be pretty all the time. Now I know how you ladies feel.

5 comments:

DrGoat said...

Can't think of a better place for some of this stuff to be than with Cal and the original Cave of Cool.
It gives me a lot of pleasure to see the goods in your capable hands. Us old guys need to pass the relics on. Besides, it's nice to run into a kindred spirit who is so easy to like. You're an Ace, pal.
I made the Board. YES! I'm gonna go celebrate with the best chili relanos in town and a icy cold mexican coke. More to come.

Belle said...

I just sent you the address, Kal. Thanks so much for sending me something! Wow. I love surprises.

Kal said...

It was like opening a time capsule for me. Those cars reminded me of all the great artwork and magazine covers that inspire me so much. You really hit me where I live my friend. I will find a place of honor for all these gifts and share them with anyone who take a tour of the 'Cave of Cool'. Hopefully I can find a cord so I can share the digital pictures I already have with my followers. Thanks so much again.

Debra She Who Seeks said...

Holy Cats! Or maybe I should say Holy Goats! What a great gift o' stuff!

Pat Tillett said...

Wow! that is really nice of both of them!