Thursday, July 8, 2010

The Betty And Veronica Of Rookie Blue


I might be saying this because I am hungry for any new television content these days but I am kinda enjoying the new series 'Rookie Blue' on ABC. Though it is not REALLY an ABC show because it's filmed in Canada with a mostly Canadian cast like another of my favorites, 'Flashpoint' on CBS. Add the 'Bridge' and you have an interesting trio of cop dramas, which are the staple of network television.


Charlotte Sullivan and Miss Peregrym play two of the rookie cops in 'Rookie Blue'. Sullivan is unbelievably gorgeous. I swear her features must be photoshopped. She is the kind of actress you can't take your eyes off. Good thing her character is an entitled bitch because I would hate to like her.


Peregrym (who you might remember from the criminally underrated - 'Reaper') is the sweet doe eyed cop who wants to change the world that is not as nice as she thinks it is. You would think dealing with a disgraced, alcoholic, ex-cop father would have taught her that.

The cast is uniformly good and the situations build bonds between viewer and actor. I know one of the rookies will get shot and killed before the end of this initial 13 episode run so I am trying (and failing) not to get attached to them all.

With the return of 'Warehouse 13', 'Burn Notice', 'Big Brother US', my summer viewing is not all reruns and spare time. I just might confess to other real crap that I have been watching and enjoying - just don't hold your breath about that.

4 comments:

Sam G said...

Wow! They're both stunning!

DrGoat said...

Waited for the return of Warehouse 13, glad it's here, but I'm sick of cop shows. Very attractive women, though.

Viet Travel said...

Vietnam Travel Tips

Wandering Coyote said...

Oh, I don't know...I saw the premiere of this show and thought it was quite blah.