Friday, July 9, 2010

Rec 2

I was excited to learn that the EUROPEAN sequel to one of the scariest movies I saw last year is out now. 'Rec' told the story of a reporter in a building that has been hit with a virus that is turning everyone inside into carnivorous creatures. Seeing the whole story unfold in real time through the video camera was frightening and confining all at the same time. This film takes place five minutes after the last one ended. Should be great. The Hollywood remake or 'Rec', 'Quarantine' was not as good.

4 comments:

Matt said...

I dunno... I thought Quarantine was a pretty decent horror movie (although I admit I haven't seen [Rec] yet... it's in my Netflix queue). Better than I Am Legend, at least.

Cal's Canadian Cave of Coolness said...

If you liked Quarantine then you have to see REC. I have seen both and REC is five times as scary while telling the same story.

Matt said...

Okay, Cal. I took your advice and put [REC] at the top of my queue. I watched it this weekend and I gotta admit: you're totally right. Definitely a far better, and scarier, movie than Quarantine (which I still stand by my assessment as being pretty decent). I'm super-psyched to see this sequel, though. Thanks, brother.

Kal said...

I found the last part of REC when they are in the attic rooms to be nearly unbearable with the tension they ratcheted up all throughout the movie. I am glad you enjoyed it too. We will have to meet up to talk about the sequel when it comes out.