Wednesday, March 2, 2011

My People Are The Best


Awhile ago, treasured follower Belle and I were talking comic books and she asked me if I wanted her small collection of Superman comics. I asked her if there was someone in her family who would be a better choice for her generosity and she assured me that there wasn't. Well my Superman books came this week and I am so honored to add these books to my collection. I have very few Superman issues from the late 60s and early 70s and some of these were the much loved treasuries. I took pictures of all them but my stupid card reader is not working so I will post the pics by the weekend. I just wanted to thanks Belle and all of you who have enriched my life with your following and your friendship. It makes my sad, cave dwelling life more enjoyable than you can ever know.

11 comments:

Super-Duper ToyBox said...

That IS very kind :) Those would be a ball to read! Tell belle she can stop by the Super-DuperToyBox any time

Belle said...

I almost fainted when I saw my big face on your blog! You are a sweetie. I'm glad you like the comics, especially since you don't have many of Superman from that time period.
I taped the shit out of that box I sent because I was afraid the post office would tear holes in the box somehow.

Tempo said...

So cool, treasures indeed.

Unknown said...

Don't get much better than Belle.

Jeremy [Retro] said...

that is the coolest thing ever, belle is a good egg!

Debra She Who Seeks said...

She's a peach -- a SUPER Peach!

DrGoat said...

That's a wonderful gift. Everyone should be as generous as Belle. Do I hear a Disney song in the making?

Kal said...

I am sure I will be doing a similar post about someone with the initials DG very soon. I have a number of things gathered up here for him too.

DrGoat said...

If the P.O. is on schedule, you should be getting something soon.
Fingers crossed.

Cora said...

AWWWWWWW. This makes me smile. :-)

Pat Tillett said...

Wow! That is so nice Belle!