Thursday, August 26, 2010

Big Brother UK Finale


I was so happy to see Josie win the UK version of Big Brother. She didn't do it by being sneaky or by scheming behind the back of her fellow housemates (as the winner of the U.S. version will HAVE to do), she did it be being genuine and sweet. She charmed everyone by being a real person who was funny and honest and who I hope now gets all the success that anyone can have coming to them. In a cutthroat world where it's all about how many people you can screw to get to the top and how bad behavior is rewarded with wealth and attention, she stands as the example of the way things SHOULD be.

She won the game and she got the boy (John James). Fabulous.

Now she goes back to compete for ULTIMATE Big Brother with some of the favorite contestants from the past ten years of the show. It doesn't matter about that one. It's a fan thing with people I suspect will be doing nothing but showing off.

I enjoyed this last round. I was more genial and less about conflict than about friendship and competition and I liked the world the housemates constructed for themselves over the summer. If only we could all compromise and see each other the way they did. I dare say the world would be a much better place.

No comments: