Tuesday, August 24, 2010

CCC of C Trailer Of The Week - Week One - Starcrash

I remember this movie only because it had the beloved Caroline Munroe in it and every laser blast effect made that 'pew pew pew' noise like we did around the house. They call them cult films for a reason - no sane mind could come up with this crap and have it taken seriously, but, there it is for all to see.



So this is my challenge to all of you who love movies, especially bad ones. Each week I will post a trailer from something so wonderfully craptastic that it actually caused our brains damage from having sat through it. Your job is to match mine with something containing an actor we all would know (so no sneaking in some Turkish version of Star Wars) that basically tells you everything you need to know just by the trailers. Obviously the more ridiculous the story the better. I may even make up an award for this one. Leave me notice in the comment section to go look at your entry. Hopefully with the knowledge we all have of the back end of Hollywood we will have some good competition. Additional points given for kitsch factor as always.

6 comments:

Drake said...

My choice is Blood Beast Terror, you can find the trailer not at the Eclectic Banana but at the Macabre Drive-In Theater http://macabredrive-intheater.blogspot.com/

It's cult and horror more suited for the Macabre than the E Banana.

Leviathud said...

I've always had a fondness for Space Truckers.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2UqSsvCynYc

M. D. Jackson said...

This is kind of a cheat because it was originally a Japanese movie, but they re-cut it for North American screens and filmed extra stuff with American Actor Vic Morrow.

Message from Space was a completely awful movie and my friends and I howled with laughter all through it when it played at the local theater.

The trailer is here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qOSmIJCHqcQ

Mike D. said...

The Beast Must Die (1974)

This movie is one of the cheesiest shitfests that I have ever seen... and I have watched it many a time. What the fuck does that say about me??? Oh yeah, I fucking rock and love shitty movies. Michael Gambon (Prof. Dumbledore from Harry Potter)and Peter Cushing (Hammer horror legend) can't do nothing to save this werewolf movie that doesn't even have a werewolf in it... its got a dog (an Alsatian) as the monster. I swear... you cannot make this shit up. Here is the trailer:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=klfE_nescX0&feature=search

How bad is that shit? The black big game hunter is awesome, and the dog makes me cry laughing everytime he attacks... not to mention that before they reveal who the werewolf is at the end, they pasue the movie to give the viewer 30 seconds to figure out the werewolf's identity during "The Werewolf Break"... I swear to god, they actually have a intermission to allow you some time to figure this shitfest out. Enjoy... schlock cinema at its finest!!!

Dan-O said...

I'm glad Christopher Plummer's career recovered. Wow. I remember staying up to watch this on late night TV back in the eighties. I lasted ten minutes at the outside.

ThoughtCriminal said...

Mexican Sci-Fi from the 60's is a trove of over-the-top camp. Take for example "La Nave De Los Monstruos" (Ship of Monsters):

http://thoughtcrimewave.blogspot.com/2008/07/ship-of-monsters.html

or
SANTO VS LA INVASION DE LOS MARCIANOS (Santo vs. the Inavsion of the Martians)

http://thoughtcrimewave.blogspot.com/2008/08/santo-vs-martians.html