Friday, August 6, 2010

Project Runway


I have been watching PROJECT RUNWAY since it started. I love any shows that show me the design process. Be it decorating rooms, or producing work of art or making clothing I am fascinated by how they get from nothing to something.

It's becoming easy for me to pick the winner each week on Project Runway. Just look for the person they are giving the most air time. That person is either the winner or is the one going. It could be that I have such impeccable taste that a winner is obvious to me but it could also be all the clues left for Calvin the detective that makes solving the 'riddle' so easy.

In this early season I am liking Mondo because he's the one whose personal demons are the only thing that will hold him back from being really successful on this show. He has great ideas and you can't argue with his tailoring. Anyone who can work without a sketch is someone who is a natural at design and execution. He can do the work and get great results if the stress doesn't get him first. I hope he is around a long time so we can see him progress.

My other favorites this year are Christopher (dark horse), Michael, and especially Andy. With two wins already, Gretchen is the one to beat early on.

I also can't believe that goof Jason sent his model down the runway with safety pins holding the dress together and call it a deliberate choice. In this challenge you had to take heavily into consideration the client you are designing for. To me he was just thinking of what HE liked and not what Marie Claire wanted.

That is why he got sent home.

And I guess I was wrong about Mondo winning this one but he was number three. I just have to fine tune my design detector and I will be getting it right ALL the time.

1 comment:

Dr. Monkey Von Monkerstein said...

That safety pin guy was an idiot. He should have been run out of there on a rail.