Friday, August 13, 2010

Great Movie Scenes - Roy Batty's Last Moments


How incredible was this performance? As the 'grown' replicant with only a four year life span, Rutger Hauer ended his life in such a poetic way that it's impossible to distinguish him from a real person.

At the end he loved life - all life - especially the life of Harrison Ford's Decker who would have certainly killed Batty given the chance. A beautiful poignant end to a great dystopian thriller. If you don't have this scene memorized then shame on you.

8 comments:

The Man-Cave said...

What a great moment in film. I love many things about Blade Runner but my mind always drifts to this final scene and monologue when I reflect on this film. My favorite Rutger role.

Jeremy [Retro] said...

i always say the speech... once or twice a week... my sad favorite end...

brigitte said...

i agree one of the finest most memorable moments ever on screen

D.I. Felipe González said...

Hey Cal: have you ever retired a human by mistake?

Kal said...

Nope...all of the ones I personally was involved with were collaborators working against the human race. My conscience is clear. I like the use of the word 'retired'. It's a classy name for this dirty business we are sometimes forced to involve ourselves in.

Nick Ward said...

"I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched C-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhauser gate. All those moments will be lost in time... like tears in rain... Time to die." One of the single best lines in a film ever.

Pat Tillett said...

One of my all time favorites.
"lost forever, like teardrops in the rain..."
WOW!

-Warren Zoell said...

"Aren't you the good man?"