Tuesday, August 24, 2010

One Of Our Submarines Is Missing


Thomas Dolby One of Our Submarines
Uploaded by Celtiemama. - See the latest featured music videos.

The previous post I made combined with what TS has got going over the Non-Review got me remembering this song. TS asked who would be my choice of island castaway - the choices were Mitch Peleggi, Ron Popeil and Thomas Dolby - an ecclectic group.

I went with Thomas Dolby because I could never eat Mitch and would eat Ron (thus leaving me alone with my madness). Besides, this song by Dolby from his awesome album (The Golden Age of Wireless) from the golden age of videos was kinda a soundtrack for me and my friends when we would sit around during high school classes and make up stories that became the genesis of the 'Cave of Cool' and all the mythos contained within.

Plus the term 'One of our submarine's is missing' was our way of saying that someone just said something incredibly stupid or obvious.

All that explanation to explain why I posted a song? See how scary the workings of my mind can be?

2 comments:

M. D. Jackson said...

I loved Thomas Dolby. I loved SHE BLINDED ME WITH SCIENCE, of course and HYPERACTIVE.

A rarely heard Thomas Dolby song is FIELDWORK which was a song he did with Japanese New Wave artist Ryuichi Sakamoto.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e6uPRU61cTY

Kal said...

We were separated at birth my brother.