Friday, August 6, 2010

Matrix Trilogy Fan Trailer

There are a few glitches here and there but overall I thought this fan-made trailer of the 3 Matrix movies was very cool. Unlike many I love all three films maybe because I see them all together as one story.

Plus the filmmakers avoid all the quick cuts during the fight scenes. That is my number one criticism of action films. In these movies you see each fight scene done in long takes so you can really enjoy the choreography. It's more like dance than combat. The set pieces are extraordinary as is all the stunt work.

Over all the trilogy is pretty unique and spectacular.

3 comments:

Nick Ward said...

I think I'm alone in this one but I was never that blown away by the first matrix. It was okay and entertaining enough but I'd seen all the ideas before. The true genius of the Wachowski brothers was putting it together with such confidence and style. When the sequels were being developed I had a meeting with the guys at Legendary in LA. They were raving about the new scripts. They let slip two pieces of telling information. 1. The scripts were just dialogue. 2. They didn't understand them. Regardless of this they thought the Wachowskis were geniuses. At the time I just thought hmmmm.

Kal said...

Did you like V for Vendetta? I thought they handled that one particularly well too.

Nick Ward said...

V is for Vendetta was one of my favorite comic books. Dark, intense and something I could return to again and again. The movie had moments when it reflected the book but it was just that - a reflection. When you love a book the movie generally disappoints. However I will agree they handled it pretty well.