Monday, August 30, 2010

Piranha 2010


Oh, it wouldn't be summer without 3D creatures going nuts and invading some local lake on the busiest week of the summer. It also helps that said creatures are piranha and they are extra angry and extra 3D. How can I loose?

When we were kids these where the best type of films to see at the lake because there was nothing more fun that to avoid being pushed off the peer on the way home.

But as with all these tales something tends to go wrong with some undersea earth quack event which in tern releases the killer piranha of the title. Then on the busiest weekend of the summer, all hell breaks loose and breaks lose in a Little swirl of foamy/bloody goodness.

OMG - there are naked boobies here. I'm offended, offended I tells ya.

And of course there are two little kids who are being neglected by their cousin and of course that means they will immediately put into piranha danger after the models swim naked around them.


I have to admit that the piranha look especially fearsome and when they start chewing into everyone it's going to be good When the new lake opens up and the young oceanographers have to explore it to their death. I hate that little clicky clicky sound they make just before they swarm you. Never a good sound underwater or on land.

There are several awesome group scenes as boaters try to leave the water while the killer fish are stuck to them. Pretty gruesome. I especially like it when the rich kid tries to boat to freedom but gets stopped by those fleeing the carnage. That's what you get when you try to get away you douchbag and the fish swim through your head.


This is why I don't go in the water - there are things there that swarm you and eat you and swarm you till there is nothing left to eat anymore. Things that live in water just suck.

Of course the mother Sheriff has to save her kids from the stranded boat and then find some way to destroy all the deadly fish.

I liked this one. MY butt was fully tightened all the while they fought the stupid fish, especially the ones that jumped out of the water.


This is a real knuckle biter with some genuinely scary moments if you fear that kind of thing.

9 comments:

Darius Whiteplume said...

It was everything a cheesy horror movie should be.

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

Sounds like cheese at its finest.

Anonymous said...

I love how the hot chick is so scared that she takes off her top. That's exactly how I'd react, ha ha ha!

Anonymous said...

PS - I love your new banner! You might have had it a while, but I've been gone a few months. Forgiveness? :)

DrGoat said...

We all wish Glenn Beck would have held his rally there.

M. D. Jackson said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
M. D. Jackson said...

Previous comment deleted due to an overabundance of sexist comments.

I'm ashamed of myself, really I am.

Laura said...

My oldest son went to see this. I had no idea that there was naked boobies in it!!!! :O

He said that it was funny and that he was only scared when the fish jumped out. :)

((Hugs))
Laura

Pat Tillett said...

referring to the first photo...
can't blame the fish for taking a bite...