Thursday, August 12, 2010

Notable And Quotable


From the first Cave of Cool...

"I may be mad, I may be blind, I may be visciously unkind, but I still read what you're thinking." -Annie Lennox

"Zephyr in the sky at night I wonder, do my tears of mourning, sink
beneath the sun" -Madonna (Ray of Light)

"He's a good teacher..really seems to care. About WHAT I have no idea." -Thornton Melon/RodneyDangerfield (Back to School)

"You shall be known as Usul, which is the strength at the base of the pillar." -Stilgar (Dune)

"I couldn't fix your brakes so I made your horn louder." -Steven Wright

"Don't try to find the answer when there is no question here, brother let your heart be wounded and give no mercy to your fear" -Live (Run to the Water)

"Roooooll that beautiful bean footage" -Duke (Bush's Baked Beans commercial)

"Bill Gates is a monocle and a persian cat away from being a villain in a James Bond movie" -Dennis Miller

"Are you saying...you want a piece of me?" -Frank Costanza/Jerry Stiller - (Seinfeld)

"As God as my witness...I thought turkeys could fly." -Arthur Carlson/Gordon Jump - (WKRP in Cincinnati)

"From some other planet I get this funky high off a yellow sun." -Matchbox 20

"The only good human...is a DEAD human!" -General Urus (Planet of the Apes)

"Buddy, if that did it for me I would be the luckiest man in the world." -Jack Nicholson (As Good As It Gets)

"You wanted to tussle? We TUSSLED!!" -Jennifer Lopez (Out of Sight)

"I try to say good-bye and I choke, try to walk away and I stumble, though I try to hide it, its clear, my world crumbles when you are not near."- Macy Gray

"HEY! You stole my Jesus fish!" -Puddy (Seinfeld)

"Is that Dad?" - Bart Simpson
"Either that or Batman has really let himself go." - Lisa Simpson


"Depression is merely anger without enthusiasm." -Steven Wright

"Carmine said ONE boy..here there are TWO. Carmine said ONE...here are TWO!" -John Cassevettes (The Freshman)

"Sam, can I tell you something else that you should chew on? Sometimes if you want to catch the wild monkey you got to climb the TREE!" -Bubby (Crossing Delancy)

"Sir..Just drop the Chulupa! Put it down and back away!" "Sir, drop the Chulupa!" -Tacco Bell Commercial

"Homer, he prefers the company of men!"- Marge Simpson
"Well who DOESN'T????" - Homer Simpson

"Is that a picture of Mussolini?" - Matthew Broderick
"Well it ain't Tony Bennet!" - Marlon Brando (The Freshman)


"Trust in Allah, but tie up your camel." -John Phillip Law - (Golden Voyage of Sinbad)

"The clock is another demon that devours our time in Eden" -10,000 Maniacs (Our Time In Eden)

"The President is missing"- Bob Hauk
"The President of what?" - Snake Plisken (Escape From New York)

"We are not afforded the luxury of choosing the woman we fall in love with." -General Martok on the path to Kalhya

"Hello. My name is Indiago Montoya...you killed my father...prepare to die." - Manny Pitankin (Princess Bride)

"Be careful Senorita...there are dangerous men about." - Zorro - Antonio Banderas (Mask of Zorro)

"24 hours in a day...24 beers in a case...coincidence?" -Steven Wright

"You are like my yo-yo, that glowed in the dark. What made it special, made it dangerous." -Kate Bush

"The sea was ANGRY that day my friends!" -George Costanza/Jason Alexander- (Seinfeld)

"You probably already got what's killing you." -Adam Mireault

"Till your deepest secrets are known to me I will not be moved" -Live - Run to the Water

"San Francisky? Did you drive and did you flew?" -Sid Dithers/Eugene Levy - (SCTV)

"Crash and burn, all the stars explode tonight. How'd you get so desperate, how'd you stay alive?" -Hole

"When Brian Boitano traveled through time to the year 3010, he fought the evil robot kings and saved the human race again" -South Park Movie

"Make your peace with GOD A.J.!!!!" -Harry Stamper/Bruce Willis - (Armageddon)

"Who are you?" - criminal scumbag
"I'm BATMAN." - Batman/Michael Keaton -(Batman)


"And the monkey flips the switch." -Major West/Matt Leblanc (Lost in Space)

"Shucks! And I thought termites only et wood." -Huckleberry Hound

"Do you know what you have done? You have taken one of the great woman on the face of the earth and thrown her away. I lost her too but I'll get over it because I am SHALLOW and SELF CENTERED but you WON'T because you are COMPLEX. You will suffer terrible anquish for the rest of you life!" -Maestro - (Money Pit)

"I'm your Huckleberry." -Doc Holiday /Val Kilmer - (Thombstone)

"The trick is to keep breathing" -Garbage (Shirley Manson)

"If I should lose my mind would you still call me Superman?" -Three Doors Down

"When I was King I made you Pope" "When I was Pope I made you King" "I love you my King" "I love you my Pope" "I love you BOTH! BUT I LOVE ENGLAND MORE THAT IS WHY I AM KING OF THE POPES!!!!!!" -SCTV

"I don't know if you have ever had someone trying to kill you but its a really weird feeling." -Tom Petty

"I almost had a psychic girlfriend but she left me before we met." -Steven Wright

"How's it gonna be when you find out there is nothing between you and me? Cause I don't care hows it gonna be." -Third Eye Blind

"Scott my boy." "I got a whole bag of SHUSH with your name on it" -Dr. Evil /Mike Meyers (Austin Powers)

"Its a Puma!" -Jamie Buckman (Helen Hunt)

DISHONORABLE MENTION - Any song with the following line in it...
"Put you hands in the air...and wave 'em like you just don't care."

4 comments:

Rawknrobyn.blogspot.com said...

Great quotes, Kal. My favorite is Lisa Simpson's.
xoRobyn

Sam G said...

Love the Kate Bush quote. Wonderful song. BTW glad your felling better Cal.

Wings1295 said...

Wow - that is like an encyclopedia of awesome!

M. D. Jackson said...

"Trust in Allah, but tie up your camel." -John Phillip Law - (Golden Voyage of Sinbad)

That's been a favourite quote of mine since I first heard it at 13.

Here's a few you missed:

"No matter where you go... There you are." - Buckaroo Banzai

"Educating a beautiful woman is like pouring honey over a fine Swiss watch!" - Kurt Vonnegut, Happy Birthday Wanda June