Sunday, August 8, 2010

Damn You Foreigner


Not the immigrants but the musical group from the 80s. Their song 'I Want to Know What Love Is', one of the great long hair ballads from the 80s, has been tormenting my brain for two days. They actually use it to advertise hot dogs for kids from the fine people at 'Maple Leaf Foods'.

Now what that song has to do with hot dogs I don't know. All I know is that I have been craving the wondrous dogs all weekend and could not for the life of me figure out who sang that song. This was serious. I am starting to forget 80s songs and I am an 80s song encyclopedia.

I also felt sorry for the guys who wrote and performed this over the top power love song. How much would it suck to have to look back on your glory days then see the hot dog commercial on the black and white TV in your trailer?

See what you started Maple Leaf Foods?

It's all very distressing in many many ways.

4 comments:

Marnie said...

Oh now that is too funny. I think after 20 years all popular songs work their way into commercials.

Kal said...

Yeh but what is worse than being a soundtrack to a wiener commercial? Maybe a tampon one where the girl can wear white pants all the time while being an olympic gymnast by day and a high kicking rock star by night. Don't let nothing slow you down girl.

MC said...

I am sure he is sleeping on a mattress full of money.

Pat Tillett said...

As long as those royalties keep flowing in baby...