Sunday, August 8, 2010

Pop Tarts Bonanza


My love for the Pop Tart knows no limits. They always remind me of making my own breakfast as a kid early on a Saturday morning. As a teacher I always had a box or two in my desk for those times when I needed some comfort food. For snack each evening there was nothing better than a hot Pop Tart with a scoop of ice cream.

Check out what this guy did to get 650 Pop Tarts for only NINE DOLLARS!!! Amazing. I think I need to be looking for these coupons more than I do. This is the explantion the saver gave for his success in the Pop Tart haul.

"My wife's a coupon ninja and told me about a particularly impressive deal someone pulled off - - 640 Pop Tarts for $9. As I understand it, each box was on sale for approximately $1, and there was a deal where if you bought 10 Kellogg's items, you got a $10 coupon. So, buy $10 boxes for about $9, get a $10 coupon, use that coupon to buy ten more boxes, get another $10 coupon, and so on.

If you're out of work, or thinking about a second job, you should strongly consider mastering coupons."

14 comments:

Rawknrobyn.blogspot.com said...

This post is a teaser. I don't think they'd notice if I took just a few dozen boxes..I loved pop-tarts, warmed in the toaster. Once in a while, they burned on the corners. Then, I was not a happy girl. It was all about the frosting and filling, though.
xoRobyn

Kal said...

It's the perfect mix of frosting and filling. Some people like those toaster struddle but I prefer old school Pop Tarts.

M. D. Jackson said...

And it is true... a pop tart's hot icing CAN cause burns to the tongue.

My favourite pop tart is Miley Cyrus.

Oh... Did I say that out loud?

Kal said...

That burn you get, however, is sweet glorious pain. I would put an icing coated Miley into the toaster.

Stacy said...

Dude! Read my post today! We are so on the same page!!!!!

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

That's a lot of pop tarts...

Hart Johnson said...

Brilliance! I LOVE poptarts! (frosted ones, anyway)

Kal said...

We don't talk about the unfrosted ones. They are an abomination unto the gods.

Laura said...

I love Pop Tarts too!
I saw on someones blog a homemade recipe for them. Apparently, her kids loved them so much they won't eat the store bought ones anymore.

Maybe I'll try making them myself...

((Hugs))
Laura~

Professor Chaos said...

I never thought to try them with ice cream!
Brilliant!
BTW, ever hear Paula Poundstone's PopTarts bit? Funny!

Copyboy said...

What's even more crazy is that there's a pop tart mega store opening in NYC. Bet they don't take coupons.

Megan said...

I haven't had a pop tart in forever. I'm going to have to get some.

TS Hendrik said...

The true height of decadence and a little insane bit of awesomeness is to take a poptart, put it on a plate upside down, place a small pat of butter on it and nuke it in the microwave for 30 seconds. That's caloric heaven.

Nathan said...

I'm quite surprised the grocery store didn't have a loophole to stop that kind of coupon exploitation. If they didn't, they probably do now.

I'm not sure I've ever eaten Pop-Tarts. I had a somewhat deprived childhood.