Tuesday, August 3, 2010

This Is A Fantastic Couch


I love pillows. To make a couch entirely out of pillows is something that I never thought of, but, now that I have seen it, I instantly want.

When I was in university I lived in a house with four other guys and we went to the discount pillow and sofa cushion store and just stocked up on cheap mismatched odds and ends so that we could create our own great harem-like reclining pillow piles on the floor while watching TV.

It was also fun to abuse on each other with the huge cushions - making a person sandwich with then then delivering a devastating flying elbow drop to the person underneath the pile. Good times.

If I had kids that would be how I would design my basement rec room. You could abuse on your siblings until someone cried. Then you had to stop.

5 comments:

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

Evil Dad!

Professor Chaos said...

Ah, pillows! Is there no situation you can't improve?

Megan said...

You know you knew somebody whose crazy parents didn't let them mess with the couch pillows. I pity the fools.

Sitting in my living room right now is a blue velvet chair with two cushions. In the old days, it was upholstered in red corduroy. And in those days, those cushions were known to be capable of actually drawing blood. Eventually they had to be banned from all pillow fights. In perpetuity.

Sometimes I wonder if that's the real reason my mom had the chair reupholstered...to save the lives of her own children.

And now it's sitting over there, looking at me. Remembering days of blood...

Kal said...

You know it's still hungry and can wait patiently for your grandchildren who will run unsupervised through the house and will fight with it's cushions of death.

Megan said...

It's been neutered. It's all blue velvety blue. But those cushions can still pack a punch...