Thursday, March 30, 2017

I Want To Believe But I Just Can't

 
We have all grown up with these ads for products that every kid wanted to order. Most turned out to be lame and in no way lived up to the hype but this cardboard submarine looks pretty cool from the picture. If I had this in my back yard I would have been deliriously happy with the hours of fun I could have had searching the oceans for octopus to kill. I still might have to call shenanigans because the final product looks too good to be true.
 
 

4 comments:

Dr. Theda said...

The above (cardboard) image... looks about "right" (according to other things that we have seen of this one) (not very "sturdy")...

Debra She Who Seeks said...

How good a cardboard sub could be had for $6.98?

Cal's Canadian Cave of Coolness said...

In those days that was a lot of money.

Konsumterra said...

novels were under 50c and 40c bought a good lunch when i was a kid and that ad was older than i was