Sunday, September 23, 2018

This Week From The Cave Of Cool

 
On my 10th Anniversary of the Cave of Cool I am finally ready to do my own podcast. I thank Chris Lockhart for having me on his Geek Fallout podcast for years so I could work out my delivery. I feel ready enough and interesting enough to put out a good product. M.D. and I just finished part one of our two part review of the year in popular culture where we talked about mostly the movies that came out this summer, Batman's dick and pumpkin spice. I also tell my often told story of the night I saw Star Wars for the first, second and third time. This is the list of topics that we had to draw content from.

Star Trek Discovery
Star Gate Origins
Gotham By Gaslight
The Expanse
Lost In Space
Westworld
Skyscraper
Black Panther
Black Panther cartoon
Black Panther Oscars
No Love for Wonder Woman at Oscars
OSCARS - Popular category comes and goes
Timeless
Burt Reynolds
Cloak and Dagger
LIVE PD
Solo
Justice League
Henry Caville
Upgrade
Death of Superman
Ant Man and the Wasp
Avengers Infinity War Sock Offer From Honeycombs
Deadpool 2
Bohemian Rhapsody
The Gifted
The  Meg
Harlan Elison
Incredibles 2
Pacific Rim Uprising 2
Jurassic Park - Fallen Kingdom
Skyscraper
Star Trek Discovery
The Orville
James Gunn
The Predator
My Hatred For All Things Pumpkin Spice

We just finished recording part one and I thought it went great. I love being able to talk about these things without someone other than myself.

I will also be setting up a You Tube page to show off some of the great videos I have found on my travels. I post them here all the time but I wanted a place just for the best clips I find.



I mentioned this clip that shows the reaction to Thor's arrival to Wakanda with Groot and Rocket. I would love to be in a theatre with this kind of cheering. I haven't experienced that kind of audience joy since the first Spider-Man movie.



This should have been the Justice League movie.



6 comments:

Timothy S. Brannan said...

I get a kick out of "reaction" videos. Love hearing my geek brothers and sisters enjoy something as much as I do.

I may be a die-hard DC fan, but that scene where Thor shows up with Stormbreaker? Damn. That is some epic-level shit right there.

Banner's laughing "You are so screwed now!" and Thor's "BRING ME THANOS!" If that does send chills down your spine YOU ARE NOT MY PEOPLE!

Timothy S. Brannan said...

of course I go to rewatch the clip and THE MAN has taken it down.
Never fear. Here is a crappier quality, but still get the message across.
<a href='https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_wiRPe0DwQM">https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_wiRPe0DwQM</a>

DrGoat said...

Bring on that YouTube channel buddy. When will the podcast be available and where?

Cal's Canadian Cave of Coolness said...

I will keep you informed. I am just talent. The producer is taking care of that.

nolan said...

Maybe have a weekly podcast request post where readers can suggest stuff in the comments for you to weigh in on in the next episode. For instance: Joaquin Joker (I have faith, just wondering what YOU think)

Cal's Canadian Cave of Coolness said...

we do talk about that...and batman's dick