Saturday, January 30, 2021

There Is A Glass Blowing Show On Netflix? Why Was I Not Told Of This?

 Blown Away Season 2 Review: A Warm Blanket Made of Glass (vulture.com)


Everyone who knows me knows that the only thing I love to watch more than sheep shearing, is glass blowing. It's hypnotic to me. I could watch a Dale Chihuly documentary on his glass art all day long and he is the master of Glass. Downloading Season Two off the Netflix now. This looks fun.




Blown Away is a Canadian production, and that explains a lot about its affable pleasantness. Even when glass does break on this show, it’s usually okay. No one bleeds. A piece can usually be salvaged. And when you’re watching while in quarantine, the best part of seeing a mess of shards on the floor is knowing you don’t have to move a muscle. Someone else is going to clean it all up.



3 comments:

Debra She Who Seeks said...

I'm fascinated by glass-blowing too. Thanks for the tip -- this series is going on my "to watch" list!

j-swin said...

Here’s the thing, I’m so goddamn tired of competition shows and the people having meltdowns. I’d sooner watch a good PBS documentary on Dale Chihuly or some other glass artist. They try to lure you in with cool knife making or special effects make-up but it always boils down to some mook whining and throwing a tantrum.

Cal's Canadian Cave of Coolness said...

I agree with you that you have to watch Chihuly if you love glass because the guy is amazing..I hope this one is not full of too many tantrums. I just have to see because I am fascinated by glass blowing.