Friday, February 25, 2022

From Sgt To Lft. Sharpe


I was reminded today of the great series of Sharpe movies that were produced in the 90s. The story revolved around a British soldier, Richard Sharpe, played by Sean Bean who for once LIVES to the end of a movie, several movies in fact that played on PBS. The cast in all the adventures during the Napoleonic Wars are stocked with fabulous actors, most of them British stars of the theatre. The storytelling and European settings are superb. Watching them is a great memory I have of the time with my Father.

2 comments:

Debra She Who Seeks said...

Man, he looks so young!

Fiendenstein said...

I goddamn love Sharpe, I thought it would be more historic but its very "Pulp" and I wish I'd had gotten into it sooner.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5C8IuThoWuU