Friday, August 12, 2022

Nope (2022)


This one was late in getting to me as my screener was nowhere to be seen. It's a rare thing for Yuri to let me down so I was worried I would miss this film. It's been getting some good buzz so I was keen to check it out.

This was a strange movie experience for me. I found it to be very very slow in the first hour and that made me turn it off, something I never do. Once I start a film I finish it regardless. A few days later I picked up where I left off and the second half improved dramatically even though at times it's reach exceeds it's grasp. I had a hard time figuring out what the film wanted to be. Is it a science fiction film or a horror film or both? I don't think it even knows at times which Peele seems to want the audience to think and that is often frustrating. Save for the streaming service.



Nope is a 2022 American science fiction horror film written, directed, and produced by Jordan Peele under his Monkeypaw Productions banner. It stars Daniel Kaluuya, Keke Palmer, Steven Yeun, Michael Wincott, and Brandon Perea and follows two ranch-owning siblings who attempt to capture evidence of an unidentified flying object.



No comments: