Thursday, January 26, 2023

Glass Onion

Once again we are caught up in a mystery that requires the services of Benoit Blanc (Daniel Craig), the world's greatest detective. I was so impressed with the casting of Knives Out, the first in the series of Blanc movies and I though they couldn't repeat the same magic trick again. I am happy to say that they did. Glass Onion is a mystery movie but one that has other motivations than just outing a killer. It's more of a revenge fantasy that plays out like an intricate puzzle box and I left the experience totally satisfied with the result.



I won't spoil the movie for you by revealing anything else. Just see it for yourself. It's a clever twist on the traditional murder mystery which makes it fun for the audience to watch. Not so much a mystery to figure out than a well written script that takes all the tropes of the mystery genre but wraps it in a entirely fresh wrapper. I enjoyed the large cast which seem to be enjoying themselves. It might be the best thing that I have ever seen Kate Hudson do.

1 comment:

Debra She Who Seeks said...

I enjoyed this movie too, especially catching all the references to fine art in it, both in paintings on the wall and in how various characters were posed in some scenes.