Monday, January 9, 2023

Puss In Boots - The Last Wish


I like that I am reminded every couple of years that Antonia Banderas' most beloved character Puss in Boots is out with another animated adventure. This one doesn't break the mold by sending our titular character through a personal crisis when he realizes that he only has one of his nine lives left and therefor must find a magical star to wish upon and get his lives back. But that return to adventure comes only after some serious time as a lap cat for a crazy cat lady. That is where he meets Purrito, a dog disguised as a cat.


This time Goldilocks and the Three Bears show up along with Death who spends the movie stalking our Puss while he teams up on his quest with his love, Kitty Soft Paws (Salma Hayek) and the previously mentioned Purrito, a relentless optimistic chihuahua. 


It's a cute little story with typical Dreamworks animation and great vocal performances. I promised myself years ago that I would watch any Puss In Boots movie that they made because I love the character so much and once again I was left feeling satisfied. A good one to watch with the kids.



2 comments:

Debra She Who Seeks said...

Purrito looks like a hoot!

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

My wife insisted we see it and it was really charming. Had a great heart.