Saturday, August 5, 2023

Mission Impossible Dead Reckoning Part 1




I can't believe I am saying this but this might be one of the best action adventure spy movies I have ever seen. I was totally caught up in the film and never realized that it was an hour before Tom Cruise felt the need to run which he does in all his films.


This time the world is in fear of a rogue A.I. that can control everything and destroy humanity. It's not only topical but terrifying when you hear of all it's abilities. For the first time I feared that our team could not win the day.



The stunts are amazing as are the special effects. The crash of the train in Bavaria is an amazing sequence; again, one of the best sequences I have ever seen.


The story involves the search for two keys which are the only way to access and then destroy the rogue A.I. and even those scenes are full of slick slight of hand. Haley Atwell is fantastic as a new member to the Impossible Mission Force and she has never been better.

I could tell you more but that would ruin it for you.




1 comment:

Debra She Who Seeks said...

Glad to hear Hayley Atwell is outstanding! She hasn't had a decent role since Peggy Carter.