Monday, August 7, 2023

Oppenheimer

'I am become Death, the destroyer of Worlds."


 
 

I  have a stranger relationship with Director Christopher Nolan. I hated Inception, Interstellar and Tenet because he creates movies that are overly complicated unless you are a genius like her is. Thje film is a spectacular piece of work but I found much of it confusing and boring especailly wehen all the science speak revs up. I found the actors hard to identify as 'American' or 'Communist' because they all wore the same cloths and had the same hair styles. No one smoked cigarettes or when they did hey were never lit which is very distracting. In fact I have seen better documentaries on the time people which should not have been the case.



The cast is universally excellent but only a few of them could I pick out of a crowd besides the leads which like Cillian Murphy is a character without very much personality and he is in every scene. It took me two tries to get through the film.




I know the film is gettting great reviews but for me it failed as a biopic. At three hours there was just not there aboiut the man who started the nuclear age, or his life after the bombs were trops. I is worth seeing but I was leaft cold at the end and would not watch it again.


3 comments:

Debra She Who Seeks said...

I guess it was no "Mission Impossible," eh?

Unknown said...

'spellcheck'

Cal's Canadian Cave of Coolness said...

No, it was not but I am rarely in tune with Christopher Nolan lately