Saturday, September 1, 2018

Emma Dumont

 
This is my girl Polaris from the awesome show, THE GIFTED. Of course it's on FOX so it will be lucky to last two seasons. I thought season one was very strong wtih an interesting caste of both familar and new mutants who, most importantly have powers that are cheap for the special effect department and the stunt people to create to great effect - so you actually see them USE their powers and what is the point of a mutant show if they don't. They are all deadly in their own way but they need those powers to protect themselves from the government who hunts them and turns them into weapons. Polaris has been confined but now she is free and pregnant and unafraid to use her powers to protect those she loves even if it means killing. She's angry all the time and thus, the perfect leader for a more evil mutant cell. Essentially the Brotherhood of Evil Mutants who are going to take the fight to their hunters. It's great stuff and Emma is my favorite characters.







Thanks to Brother Tim over at Hero Press for reminding me that this one was starting soon.

 

5 comments:

j-swin said...

I really like the show too but can’t stand the little brother, hope he dies a grizzly death but I’m sure they will keep him around . I keep waiting for the hammer to drop on poor thunderbird. Love Lorna and Blink.

Tim Knight said...

Thanks for the nod, Cal. Supers are my jam, hence HeroPress ;-)

I always think it's good to have characters we all hate on my shows; I was a big 'fan' of King Joffrey on Game Of Thrones for what the character brought to the show, even though I loathed him.

It'd be a dull TV landscape if we liked everyone, and everyone got along, because conflict breeds drama.

Tim Knight said...

PS. I'm very excited to see where this mutant 'civil war' goes in season two.

Cal's Canadian Cave of Coolness said...

I am excited too. And that Strucker punk has GOT TO GO. I hate him like I hated Rusty on Major Crimes.

Cal's Canadian Cave of Coolness said...

But together he and his sister are mega powerful and together they will save us all...once angry young punk sees the light. I want to see the powers of the Dad. I would say he shoot laser beams but that is Eclipe's gig.