Tuesday, November 12, 2019

The Mandalorian - Episode One


All I ask from a Star Wars show is that it feels like it's a Star Wars show. I held that same standard for all the cartoons released in the past years. But here I did not doubt it for a second while watching the Mandalorian.

Like Han Solo this is a trip back into that Universe we all love. I rarely talk about Star Wars because it's the closest thing to my heart. You all know the story of the first time I saw the original in '77.


I had few expectations for the Madalorian but I liked that the show was taking me to another part of the Galaxy. I need new characters and not ones that seem to be wedged into the movies. I also want the famous Star Wars scenery as ships fly over new planets. The vistas here are cinematic as are the effects. Everything is seamless and makes me want to know more and more about a part of the Star Wars Universe I know little about. Mainly the Mandalorians. I know from the REBELS cartoon and they also appeared in my beloved Clone Wars cartoon. Boba Fett and Jango Fett were Mandalorians. I am hungry for any scraps of backstory they can give me.



I like this Mandalorian himself. He's like a old school gunfighter. I like his little desert buddy. I like that I never know the expression on the Mandalorian's face because he never takes off his helmet. I like that he can't ride a Blurg. I am happy there is such a thing as a Blurg.


I love that it's a weekly show so you can't binge it all away. It can be a little bit of a return to the days of appointment TV. Wicked cool bounty hunting TV.

And the ending is something that would be a war crime to spoil for you. Suffice it to say I am all on board for the Mandalorian now even though it had my attention from the start.



2 comments:

Debra She Who Seeks said...

So you've subscribed to the Disney streaming service, have you? I intend to as well but not for a year or so. I'll subscribe when they're ready to stream "The Falcon and the Winter Soldier" and the other MCU original content they're creating.

Cal's Canadian Cave of Coolness said...

Yes, of course I subscribed to the crumbs that the man wants me to pay him for when if I just apply myself, I can enjoy their best programs on an individual basis. This business model is decades behind the times. All I am saying is that it's all a cash grab to recycle shit that 90 percent of us have seen all our lives. I apologize for nothing.

Oh and the Mandalorian is a show worth pirating because it's pretty damn good.