Tuesday, February 18, 2014

He's Going To Be A Huge Star After The Movie Premieres

 
As yes I do have this mini-series bagged and boarded in my comic book collection. I remember when this series first came out. I was a good enough customer at my local comic shop to have my own 'pull list' which as you who collect know is when the owner holds certain comics aside so you don't have to hunt them down like some peasant. I has 20 dollars to spend ever two weeks for comics so I took my choices very seriously. It was a bit easier because back then there was only ONE X-Man comic and maybe two Batman titles to follow. You could take a chance on a new character in a short run mini-series and often be rewarded for your efforts. The original Rocket Raccoon mini did that for me. It was so different than anything else I was reading at the time so I never forgot about the character. You can imagine my joy to see my little furry buddy front and center in the new Guardian of the Galaxy trailer. I have high hopes for the movie and hope it's half as good as the comics it draws it's inspiration from. They are also terrific if you like those COSMIC stories from Marvel.

 


2 comments:

Hobgoblin238 said...

A space racoon....I think it's as stupid as Superman's pet horse, monkey, dog etc.

I for one, am not on the train like the other mindless non comic fan morons out there.

Not talking about you.

Kal said...

If you read the comics you would know what you are missing out on. There is also a telepathic dog from the Soviet Space Program that runs a space station on the edge of space. AND Thanos....lots of Thanos.