Saturday, August 30, 2014

I Actually Have This Funko Figure


 
 
The Toy Nerd is a great site that highlights many of those Holy Grail figures that we all hunt for. I was happy to see that I had one of the great figures David recently featured. This extra large (11 inches!) Funko Batman Robot is a unique piece - much larger than the usual figures they make. I picked him up cheap and am glad to have him in my Collection of Cool.
 
David Lockwood, the creator of the Toy Nerd,  is also the guy who has helped me find some great pieces myself since I met him on Facebook. Like Colin over at the Super-Duper Toy Box, David takes excellent pictures of his collection. Expect to see more about his toys on the Cave of Cool. I like to give some attention to people who do nice things for me.
 
He figured out how to have the toy collection of his dreams, go into the vintage toy selling business. I am so jealous at the stuff he must come across on just a weekly basis. Canada sucks when it comes to finding rare figures in boxes because we just don't have to population to feed the flea markets and garage sales with stuff guys like me are after. That is why knowing David has been so good for me. He's already helped me find a half dozen pieces in beautiful shape, even after decades.
 
 

2 comments:

Super-Duper ToyBox said...

Mum gave me one for christmas a couple yrs ago- love that thing

Debra She Who Seeks said...

Sounds like David's a good guy to know!